Description for Mar Azul 1A
· a play room /table tennis table & storage facility & 1 chest deep freeze
· 1 x queen size bed
· 1x queen size bed & 2 single beds
· 1x shared Shower, hand basin & loo
· Washing machine
· Open air cold water shower on one side near parking area
· Another cold water open shower leads up from beach/ boardwalk
· No fans or air con in the downstairs sectionUpstairs:
· Scullery and washing up area. 2x stand up deep freezers
· 1x bedroom- queen size bed & fan
· 1x bedroom queen size bed& fan
· 1 x bedroom double bed & single bed & fan
· 1x bedroom double bed & 1 single bed & fan
· 1 bathroom- large shower, hand basin & toilet
· 1x bathroom (smaller ) shower, hand basin & toilet
· Lounge / seated area indoors & fans
· 2 x stand up fridges
· Large kitchen area cum bar counter seats surrounded by wood shelving for storing crockery etc & fan
· Balcony area accessed by sliding doors from indoor area- large and generous sized extensive wooden deck facing beach.
· Roll down transparent blinds for protection from wind.
· Kitchen Hatch open up to dining table on balcony
· Seating area/ lounge on balcony deck
· table and benches for seating at dining table on deck/ balcony
· Sunbathing area on balcony (unfurnished)
· To one side nestled in bushes- a small hard surfaced braai area with bench seating
· Corner perimeter front facing unit in complex – unobstructed views of beach. No buildings in sight. Easy boardwalk access to beach through bush
Fernando is the caretaker and looks after the unit. Quiet, pleasant, gentle and unobtrusive.
Doesn’t cook .
If numerous guests (more than 10) his wife joins him to assist on domestic duties.
He will wash items if specifically requested to – its hard to thoroughly dry articles in a short space of time in the sheltered drying area below decks so we don’t maximise this aspect. There is no compulsory staff payment, however if if you want to tip the staff a guideline is R40 per staff member per day. Electricity is paid for by the homeowners and will be sufficiently loaded.
Take note that Mar Azul 1A house has enough beds to sleep 15 people, however the maximum number of people allowed to stay in this house is 12, no more than 12 people.
New bed linen.
Guests bring own beach towels.
Guests bring own drinking water
Please take note that if you are booked in on Mar Azul Estate and have a boat, jet ski or quad bike, you can park 1 of 2 places, see below:
Park at the security gate (bottom of the hill) R300 a day
Park at the top of the hill (communal parking) – free
If you decide to park at the security gate then ensure that you have enough cash to pay for the parking on your departure date.
House Mar Azul 1A is a 17 km drive from the Kosi Bay (Farazela) border post. Follow all the small blue and white Tartaruga Luxury Tented Camp signs to Ponta Malongane village. You will come to a ‘4 way stop’, Blue Bulls Bar will be on your right, drive straight (keeping the lake on your left), drive past Sunset Shack Restaurant. About a 5 min drive past Sunset Shack you will see large sign on your right that says Condiminio Mar Azul, enter at the security gate. Ask the security guard to direct you to house number 1A. GPS co-ords 26 46 38.1 S and 32 53 26.1 E Please take note the GPS co ordinates are taken on Mar Azul Estate, they are not the co ordinates of the house number you are booking but of the Estate.